In my experience of working as a real estate agent over the past 27 years, there have been many changes in the real estate industry. None of these have affected the industry as much as technology has, and with social media, the marketing dynamics of real estate have changed completely. I have had to learn it as well, and have realized that Facebook holds enormous potential for real estate agents.
Unfortunately, I have also noticed that real estate agents don’t know how to use Facebook to generate leads, as most of them tend to only care about getting likes on their page. This short-term approach, based on ‘boosting their posts’, doesn’t help them in targeting and get quality leads. It is not their fault that they have been programmed to care only about building engagement on Facebook.
The Secret Lies in Inbound Marketing
If you are doing the same, I have news for you. It’s not all about engagement, because to generate leads from Facebook, you need to know about inbound marketing. The problem with most real estate agents today is that they are using outdated techniques of outbound marketing, without realizing it. I have noticed that real estate agents tend to argue on:
- Why they must not outsource their social media
- How their business page on Facebook is meant to nurture leads
- How they get leads on their personal profile instead of their business page
- Why engagement is the most important thing to focus on Facebook for real estate
Those are the wrong arguments to be having, because if you look at how other industries have found success on Facebook, you will quickly realize how they successfully manage to generate leads.
If you want to generate quality leads, you should be treating your Facebook page like an inbound marketing channel. If you stop focusing all your time and energy on trying to engage people, and try implementing inbound marketing techniques on Facebook, you will have more success in generating quality leads. Here is how you go about the whole thing:
- You should use Facebook’s Power Editor to run highly targeted ads that are focused on website conversions. You should have a strong call to action in your ad, so that you get leads directly on your website.
- Don’t force people with no interest in real estate to ‘Like’ your page, since they aren’t your target market and you are only ruining your marketing potential.
- Try posting relevant, informative, and significant content on your Facebook business page actively.
- Sell yourself by showing your testimonials, and listings on your Facebook business repeatedly.
- Post different types of posts related to the real estate industry, and your target market.
- Stop focusing on engagement, and start becoming relevant to people on Facebook.
- Your main goal is to get people into your email database, which will only happen when you provide value to people on Facebook.
If you want to learn more on how to generate more real estate leads from Facebook, check out my YouTube channel, and visit Lutherragsdale.com today.