If you are interested in building a lucrative career in the real estate industry, it is very important to use every tool at your disposal. This holds particularly true if you have gone through the trouble of investing your valuable time, effort, and money to become a licensed real estate agent. As more and more real estate purchasers and sellers turn to the internet marketplaces for their property transactions, Zillow has become increasingly important.
In fact, it is rapidly becoming the best place for agents to seek fresh leads. If you are interested in becoming the very best in your field, then you should definitely weigh out the many pros and cons of this online platform.
Pros of Using Zillow
- You can access to an absolutely massive list and it gives you the potential to bring the attention of millions of consumers to your services.
- If you are a Zillow user, you will be able to have near unrestricted access to properties that are not represented by an agent. This is a wonderful way of gaining access to those people who are looking for an agent to handle the sale/purchase of their property.
- It gives you a place where you will be able to advertise your skills, experience, and qualifications to a very large target audience.
- Zillow offers you a pretty level playing field. That is, everyone gets to be under the spotlight, and this is a great opportunity for new agents to show just what they are made of. Apart from that, it does not discriminate against agents who do not have many listings to their name.
- Becoming Zillow’s ‘Premier Agent’ will give you the unique ability to pay the platform for driving ever more traffic to your listings.
- Zillow allows it’s Premier Agents to get their very own WordPress website as well.
Cons of Using the Zillow Platform
- The platform’s property valuations tool, ‘Zestimate,’ cannot be relied upon for accurate information. Unfortunately, this often misleads both buyers and sellers. In the long run, it negatively affects the market reputation of the agent who is blamed for the incorrect valuation.
- The platform actively promotes both non-listing agents as well as listing ones simultaneously. This means that many potential consumers end up thinking that the agent available on the platform actually knows the property, even when he has no knowledge of it.
- The platform cannot differentiate between low and high-quality leads. Many subscribing agents also end up being offered low quality and un-responsive leads.
- Subscription costs are very high
- Agents usually have to spend a whole lot of money in order to get their own leads
These are just a few of the pros and cons of using the Zillow platform. You can find out plenty more highly relevant information at https://lutherragsdale.com/blog/. If you want to make a great career in this field, you can get in touch with me at [email protected]. You can also register for my upcoming workshop at https://events.lutherragsdale.com